Sunday 15 April 2012

When A Child Is Born

My beauties at San Anton Park - Balzan - Malta

Hey there my fantastic Screenplay friends,

This post has been in the making for quite some time really, as I felt it I was due sharing something REALLY important. Something that I keep to heart and that truly defines my purpose in life.

I am a daddy! I AM A DADDY!!

When I stop for just a second and start really thinking about this huge fact my feet start to crumble and I get all sweaty and try to drift my mind elsewhere ... But then it happens.

I calm down. My breath eases with a subtle flow. I close my eyes for an instant and open them quickly again.

I see Alex resting on my shoulder breathing slowly .. slowly. Steadily, if you will, in his own baby pace. An incredible, peaceful pace at that. Now he opens his blue eyes and wanders about, to the ceiling first, then to my left shoulder, rubbing his little nose against my chest. Still though, very sleepy. His head, very heavy indeed. Then locks his stare on my eyes, he's thinking: "Gee' .. Who is this..?" I, then, produce the nicest smile I've only been practicing since I learned how to enjoy breathing, and then there it was. Instantly. His reaction: sublime. He sighs! Which in my humble and so far so short experience as a daddy, has to be the nicest sound on Planet Earth. Second only to his giggles.. and when he does his baby talk.. and perhaps when he burps.. or maybe not that one.. but anyway.

This happens every day. More often than not, many times a day. I only wish to spend more time with Alex. But you know it's a little difficult right now. And to be SUPER honest, moments like the one described right above, wouldn't be possible without the glorious work my wife does with Alex. It's like she's been a mother since FOREVER! 

When my wife, the most amazing girl I've known for more than a decade, told me that she was expecting a child, I couldn't describe how I felt until the day came where we had to tell my in-laws about the sweet news.

It was all really hush-hush and both Ann and I tried hard not to spoil the surprise. We unleashed the HAPPY bomb over a BBQ lunch in our garden. Tears were felt down my cheeks. Than I was SURE this was to be a great adventure for us. An adventure, where you become the main MASTER-MIND, and even the sole protector to your off-spring.

The scene has been set. I was to become a DADDY to a blond-ball baby. It was on January 1st at about 15:20 ... My wife, Ann was my personal hero. The physical excruciating pain she went through is otherworldly. But there she was, albeit for just a few moments, holding Alex, in his birth costume, all not very rosy. But she made it.

Another miracle in today’s wicked living. Thank You God.

When a child is born.. Something in you is born anew as well.

When you're born anew, something in you triggers and all your Screenplay does is to follow your bliss.

Thank you for reading..


PS: someday I'll tell you about the first time I did the nappy change. But that's not important right now ;)   


To Your Screenplay Life
wenzu

4 comments:

  1. Very well said indeed. God bless all these miracles, the ones who made it through and also the ones who didn't. The most precious gift anyone can give to a human being is a child. Speaking on behalf of all mothers I would like to congratulate all mothers out there who give it all before, after and mostly during labour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charmaine,

      You're always extra kind to me .. I love it hehe.

      And I totally agree on all you've written in your post. They will ALL remain Angels in our hearts.

      I look forward to your comments on my next posts .. as am sure you'll enjoy skimming through them.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Kath xx

      Share. That's all I ask. Spread the word.

      Cheers

      Delete